Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Spaghetti with Zucchini and Yellow Squash

Whole grain spaghetti
1 medium onion, diced
1/3 cup olive oil
1 minced garlic clove
2 cups yellow squash, diced
2 cups zucchini, diced
10 medium leaves fresh basil, chopped
Black pepper and salt to taste
1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese (at least)
cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 6 minutes, Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add yellow squash and zucchini and cook for an additional 6 minutes. Stir in basil and pepper and salt. Toss sauce over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I really, really liked this dish. I did need to add quite a bit of pepper and salt for more flavor and lots of Parmesan cheese.

3 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

ooh! yum!! that looks delicious!

Melissa @ Homegrown Catholics said...

I like this recipe. To stick to a theme, you could change the spaghetti to spaghetti squash. Ever try it?

I just have trouble using my squash right away so it doesn't get soft.

Unknown said...

How yummy! I love zucchini and squash! Definitely have to try this!