Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lite Strawberry Pie


My mom made this recipe up when I was a kid.
It's easy, delicious, lite and pretty!
Lite Strawberry Pie
1 graham crust (I use store bought, but you could make your own) Fresh sliced strawberries
Large container of Cool Whip
Large package of Sugar Free Strawberry Jello
Mix the jello powder into the Cool Whip, add the strawberries, put into the crust and
garnish with nicely cut strawberries on top.
Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
My mom always used frozen strawberries, but in those days, fresh strawberries were not always available like they are today. Fresh definitely taste better!
Both her and I are Type I Diabetics, so this pie is about a carb and a half per slice.

1 comment:

Annah said...

Sounds delicious! I'm starving for something like that now. YUM