Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mandy's Cookies

After being accused of "Not ever baking cookies anymore",
I decided to let Colette help me make a batch of these delicious cookies!
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cup flour
1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs & vanilla. Combine oats, flour, pudding mix, baking soda & salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoons full onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 14 minutes.
My husband's, partner's wife is Mandy. She gave us a batch of these once and the kiddos loved them, so we call them "Mandy's Cookies". I tried doubling this recipe once and it didn't work. I finally figured out why I don't like baking that much, it's because I always double everything.
Then it takes twice as long. I now only make one batch and it's much more enjoyable! Especially with great helpers!

No comments: